Last Updated
03 January 2011 - 01:35 AM
File Size
13.55MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
The D&RGW Class C-21 number 360 was built by Baldwin in 1899 as the Crystal River Railroad Number101. She, and her sister 102, were sold to the D&RGW in 1916 after the CRR ceased operations. The D&RGW reclassified them as Class C-21 and renumbered them 360 and 361. These were the first outside frame locomotives owned by the D&RGW and were often called “Little Mudhens” by the crewmen. Both were scrapped in 1951.

This model was made by a team consisting of Howard Saunders, who did initial testing, physics settings, and file and texture tweaking; Herb Kelsey, who was the technical advisor, performed advanced testing, final brake adjusting and technical research; and myself who built the model and did the basic texturing. There is no way that I could have completed the model without the valuable assistance of those two individuals. They not only provided technical assistance, but continuously encouraged and prodded me to finish the project.

It was modeled from plans drawn by John Maxwell and a C-21 erection drawing, both from the Maxwell Collection. Historical data, pictures, and some technical detail came from “The Crystal River Pictorial”. The engine crew is courtesy of Tom Web and the screen shot is courtesy of herb Kelsey.

As usual, I hope you enjoy running it as much as I did building it, Bill

Original File Name = C-21_360.zip

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: Hay bales
In Category: Miscellaneous (Everything Else)
Screenshot

File Name: 19th Century Rail Road Crossings
In Category: Signals & Signs

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

25 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
25 guests, 0 Anonymous Users