File Size
5.46MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
Pennsylvania Railroad Cabin Car Version 1.0 September 28th, 2022
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of a Pennsylvania Railroad cabin car (Pennsyspeak for caboose) circa 1863-1870. The model is based on various other caboose photos from the same period. I have no info on a Pennsylvania "caboose" from that era. The cupola is based on a statement I found a few days ago (I'm pretty sure I saved it somewhere) tfrom a C^NW conductor who, finding an opening in the roof of the car he was assigned stacked up barrels and cusions so he could observe his train from a better vantage point. He found himself wishing he could have some glass installed to protect him from all the cinders and debris. I took his desire to heart and created a little "doghouse" (another Pennsy term). It's barely big enough to get your shoulders through, but hey!, real cupolas haven't been invented yet. If you look down you will see the table you are standing on, and the chair you used to climb up on it. Be careful you don't kick the coffee cup. It was a gift from your wife.

Performance characteristics are generic. Not sure what the source was. I used the same file as a basis for all the freight equipment in this series. Sound files used are generic.

The model is high poly and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things.

The model has 3 levels of detail. I suppose that if the framerate performance is poor, one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets or bolts, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip PRRCabinCar.7z into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. I use TRES Consist Editor to create a consist with my equipment. It should appear as PRR Cabin Car in the editor equipment list

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

8 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
8 guests, 0 Anonymous Users