File Size
5.19MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
Pennsylvania Railroad BoxCars Version 1.0 September 28th, 2022
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails models of Pennsylvania Railroad boxcars circa 1863-1870. The cars follow no specific prototype, just the general appearance of boxcars from that period. There are two types included in this set, gambrel roof (rounded wagon top) cars and the more conventional gable roof.

The wagon top cars are lettered for the PENNSYLVANIA CENTRAL which is how the Pennsylvania railroad was referred to in many documents from the period.

Performance characteristics are generic. Not sure what the source was. I used the same file as a basis for all the freight equipment in this series. Sound files used are generic.

The model is high poly and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things.

The model has 3 levels of detail. I suppose that if the framerate performance is poor, one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets or bolts, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip PRRFBoxCars.7z into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. I use TRES Consist Editor to create a consist with my equipment. I have included a consist file for convience called PPRRBoxCars.con. It requires PRRCamelPLUTO.7z and PRRCabinCar.7z

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

Weter 

28 September 2022 - 07:37 AM | #1
Looking very neat.
Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
Open Rails Sounds - EMD 645 (with roots blower) by ErickC  (submitted 03 March 2024 - 06:41 AM)

24 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
24 guests, 0 Anonymous Users