Last Updated
19 September 2022 - 11:43 AM
File Size
26.64MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Philadelphia & Reading wood coal jimmies Version 1.0 September 19th, 2022
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of the small wooden hoppers used by the anthracite roads. The cars were built from a drawing in the book " The Reading Railroad: History of a Coal Age Empire" by James Holton. They are listed as 5 ton capacity, but I have labeled then for 3 tons. They are quite a bit smaller than the 6 ton "jimmies" I released earlier. The cars are so small that the brakes were innstalled between the two wheel sets.

There are quite a few hoppers in this package, both loaded and unloaded. I have also included two consists for each kind. "P&R Loaded Coal Train" will require two locomotives. P&R Delaware and P&R New Jersey. "P&R Empty Coal Train" only requires one engine, P&R Susquehanna. Both consists include the P&R Clerestory Caboose.

Physics is a guess pulled from some file from another car years ago for my very first attempt at modeling a coal jim (or anything else). The performance parameters are beyond my skillset and probably need revision.

These models are high poly and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things. If there is an issue the model has 3 levels of detail. I suppose one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip P&RJimmies into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. The two consists will then needed to be copied to the Trains\Consist directory.

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: Farmhouse
In Category: Buildings
Screenshot

File Name: 1948 GM-TDH Bus Version 1.1 (Reduced draw calls)
In Category: Vehicles

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
Open Rails Sounds - EMD 645 (with roots blower) by ErickC  (submitted 03 March 2024 - 06:41 AM)

17 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
17 guests, 0 Anonymous Users