Unknown
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
Cumberland & Pennsylvania "James Millholland" Version 1.1 September 4th, 2022
Frank Musick
Added cab sounds, automated bell

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of what may have been an 0-8-0 camel type built Winans & Gillingham for the Cumberland & Pennsylvania Railroad in the mid 19th century. Except for the general shape, which is generally based on a German drawing of Philadelphia & Readings "SUSQUEHANNAH" and an image in John Whites book ""The American Locomotive" of the C.E.Detwold wrecked. Color for all three C&P units is arbitrary. I used my imagination.

Physics was originally created for Jon Davis built Rogers 1855 4-4-0 by Bill Hobbs March 12th 2007 and minor adjustments were made by Tim Muir on May 9th 2019. I borrowed them from Tim in May of 2022 and added some effects and lights to coincide with the Winans camel series of models. The performance parameters are beyond my skillset and probably need revision.

The cab view is 3D. None of the controls, however, operate. I have no clue which one does what. I just wanted a way to see out of the cab of a rather interesting locomotive. I have always used the keyboard controls when operating locomotives.

The model is high poly (especially the crew) and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things. If there is an issue, the crew can be edited or commented out of the ENG file if needed...Either delete or comment them from the following lines....

ORTSFreightAnims (
MSTSFreightAnimEnabled (1)
FreightAnimStatic (
SubType(Default)
Shape( CamelCrew.s )
Offset( 0 0 0 )
FreightWeight( 0t )
Visibility ( "Outside" )
)

)

The same can be done in the tender WAG file

ORTSFreightAnims (
MSTSFreightAnimEnabled (1)
FreightAnimStatic (
SubType(Default)
Shape( CamelTenderCrewTwo.s )
Offset( 0 0 0 )
FreightWeight( 0t )
Visibility ( "Outside" )
)

)

The model has 3 levels of detail. I suppose that if the framerate performance is still poor, one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip C&PCamelJAMESMILLHOLLAND.7z into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. Since the consist was created as a an engine set the file name is a bit different. Move JAMESMILLHOLLAND#C&P_JAMESMILLHOLLAND.con into OpenRails Trains\Consist directory. It should appear in Open Rails as C&P James Millholland.

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Download File
  • You cannot upload a new file

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: Mine Car Tramway and Mine Car Medium Size
In Category: Miscellaneous (Everything Else)
Screenshot

File Name: Fraser Hotel
In Category: Buildings

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

46 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
46 guests, 0 Anonymous Users