Elvas Tower: 1937 Terraplane Coupe Version 1.3 (Reduced draw calls) - Elvas Tower

• You cannot upload a new file

1937 Terraplane Coupe Version 1.3 (Reduced draw calls) Rate File: -----

Screenshot
File Name
1937 Terraplane Coupe Version 1.3 (Reduced draw calls) by Frank Musick 
Submitted
25 August 2021 - 05:13 PM
Last Updated
09 November 2021 - 10:41 AM
File Size
599.42K (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
1937 Terraplane Coupe Version 1.3 (Reduced draw calls)
MSTS Scenery Object
November 9th, 2021Original 1937 Terraplane Coupe model by Louis Fournier, Modified and adapted for MSTS and Open Rails by Frank Musick
Textures manipulated from photographs obtained on the internet by Frank Musick.
First of all, I would like to make it perfectly clear that I did not create the original shape file used for this model. Louis Fournier has uploaded his 3D models to Thingiverse.com where they are shared for free. Although Louis original intentionn was to share these files for reprinting on a 3D printer, I have used them here to create a scenery object for train simulation software in general, and for Microsoft Train Simulator and Open Rails specifically. A great deal of detail needed to be removed from the model to make it suitaable for use in the simulators.

This model is not a perfect replica of the full size counterpart. The models in this series were never intended to be. The textures were meant to make up for any deficiency in detail. The effort has been to create a reasonable facsimile of the high crown curves of the cars and trucks built in America in the mid 20th century.

Some History
Wikipedia
The Terraplane was a car brand and model built by the Hudson Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, between 1932 and 1938. In its maiden year, the car was branded as the Essex-Terraplane; in 1934 the car became simply the Terraplane. They were inexpensive, yet powerful vehicles that were used in both town and country. The Terraplane name was used for both cars and trucks.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Instsallation for MSTS and Open Rails differs a bit. Follow the Step 2 that works fro your install.

Step 1 Unzip the file 1937TerraplaneCoupe.zip into any temporary directory. I personally use a folder I created for just this purpose called C:\TEMP which saves me a lot of searching around.

Step 2 FOR MSTS
Once the file is unzipped go to the temporary folder and copy all the S and SD files into the SHAPES folder of the route you want to use the models in. Copy the ACE files into the TEXTURES folder of the same route. The contents of the file 1937TerraplaneCoupe.ref must be added to the end of the REF file for that route.

Step 2 FOR OPEN RAILS
Once the file is unzipped go to the temporary folder and copy all the S and SD files into the SHAPES folder. Copy the ACE files into the TEXTURES folder. The contents of the file 1937TerraplaneCoupe.ref must be added to the end of the REF file for your route.

SUPPORT:
As far as support goes, I'm not sure what help I can give. If you do run into a problem with
the model feel free to contact me by emailing florencefishbein@gmail.com

LEGAL STUFF:
This software has been released into the public domain as freeware.
Inclusion in any other freeware requires full recognition of the authors listed above.
This model cannot be used for any commercial purpose.

Download File
  • You cannot upload a new file

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: OR ONR62_Power2
In Category: Diesel Locomotives (new before 1960) Open Rails only
Screenshot

File Name: C&S Bridge #52
In Category: Bridges

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
Open Rails Sounds - EMD 645 (with roots blower) by ErickC  (submitted 03 March 2024 - 06:41 AM)

18 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
18 guests, 0 Anonymous Users