Last Updated
21 April 2019 - 01:42 PM
File Size
5.72MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
I am uploading this here as well as on UKTS.

This is a revised version of the original by Chris Baily and others. Chris has kindly permitted
me to update the model.
I have added some better textures, with the colours based upon the video about "Falcon".
The biggest change is the addition of a 3d cab. This makes it Openrails only.
the original 2d cab has been deleted, but can be added back in if required. Then the cabview will
default to the 2d cab, and the 3d cab has to be selected using Alt1.
A lot of the controls are animated and operated using the mouse. The operator can change the
viewig position in the cab using Alt and arrow keys for left right up and down, and numberpad 3 and 9
for forward and backward.
The sounds are not the Class 47 as specified originally. Falcon had 2 Maybach engines, and so I have used
sound files from Western class found in the common sounds directory.
The locomotive brakes are strange at first. The engine brake works when running light, and the train brake
only operates when coupled to a train. The delay in application of the train brake is quite long, so allow
plenty of time to stop from speed. Also, it's important to initialise the brakes, using shift/ once coupled.
Together in the package is an activity for Falcon on the Thames trent V3 route. This is a re-run of the Leicester to
Paddington activity with Clive Heard's permission, but using the new version of "Falcon". It is a good activity as it requires several cab swaps
front to rear, which are accomplished using the ctrl E keys. This can only be done when stationary, and in neutral.
I have noticed that if the view is changed from in-cab to outside, and then back again, it sometimes puts you back
in the wrong cab. I don't know why. You can either wait until the next stop to switch cabs, or move back using the
3 and 9 keys.
This cab could be used with a Class 47, as they are similar.
Thanks to Stephen Wells for testing the loco and revising the activity.
Feedback and comments welcome.
Installation is as normal. Copy the Brush_Falcon folder into your TRAINS/TRAINSET folder. There are 2 consist files which need to be copied into the TRAINS/CONSISTS folder.
Then copy the activity files into the Thames Trent V3 ACTIVITIES folder.

Geoff
mrmosky@yahoo.co.uk

Download File
  • You cannot upload a new file

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: Fort Worth & Denver XM-26 Single-Sheathed Boxcar
In Category: Box Cars Std Gauge
Screenshot

File Name: AMcpk10
In Category: Tank Cars Std Gauge

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

15 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
15 guests, 0 Anonymous Users