16 August 2018 - 07:59 PM
File Size
345.37K (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
OPEN RAILS ONLY

This is a very preliminary version of an Excel 2010 spreadsheet I use to create two .inc files for .wags I'm offering for TESTING and review. Correct values for Davis A, B, C are computed based on a wide range of lading weights plus the empty car weight that you provide. The two .inc files are:

• Empty_Car.inc
  • {lading name}.inc

Included are three example files:
  • A .wag file that uses the two .inc files created by this spreadsheet
  • An example of each of the two .inc files.

================================

The idea behind this was to come up with some means to vary the weights of loaded car .wags and rapidly get the resulting .wag files with a minimum of effort. I started by creating a data entry page to record most of the parameters that make up a .wag file, allowing for a place to record their values. A results page concatenated everything into a normal looking MSTS .wag that one could copy/paste into a ordinary text editor. Over time additional features were added that allowed for US vs. metric units of measure, a large variety of actual lading weights to select from to create unique .wags, and so on. Finally I added both comments and pull down lists to make it easier to understand and use.

I find that once I have the Empty_Car.inc file created that each successive lading file takes between 30 and 60 seconds.

================================

USAGE

You will enter data in the first tab, which is called Data Entry.
Any cell that is light green is for you to enter data.
Any cell that is light yellow has a calculated result, please do not do any edits there.
Any cell that is light peach is a pull down list that allows you to select a value from a defined list.

• Start att the tab labeled Data entry. Record basic information for your car.
  • DO NOT select any lading at this time and be sure to clear any previous selections of lading. You want to have the field labeled LadingWeight() to be zero.
  • When you are done entering data go to the second tab, which is called Results.
  • Select all of the light blue and light violet cells and copy with a <cntl>C.
  • Open up your editor and paste using <cntl>V. Save this as {car class name}_Empty_Car.inc.
  • Return to the data entry page and select how you want to deal with ladings (there are three different ways to do this).
  • When you are done entering data go to the second tab, which is called results.Select only the light violet cells and copy with a <cntl>C.
  • Open up your editor and paste using <cntl>V. Save this as {car class name}_{lading name}.inc.
  • Repeat steps 5-7 as needed.

KNOWN LIMITATIONS
  • Only the Davis formula of 1926 has been implemented.
  • I have only tested the Davis formula for freight cars.
  • I have not tested with metric units of measure.
  • Suitability for non-North American rolling stock is unknown.
  • The ICC average data is incomplete.
  • Not intended for .engs.

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: DNWP Tabernash Yard Oil House
In Category: Buildings
Screenshot

File Name: OR EJ&E Signal System
In Category: Signals & Signs

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

42 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
42 guests, 0 Anonymous Users