Last Updated
15 January 2016 - 06:00 PM
File Size
24.16K (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
The API for Sketchup changed not long ago and it introduced a problem that corrupted LOD values. I brought this to the attention of Wayne Campbell who very generously took on the task of fixing that, as well as one other serious problem -- fixing the texture drift on faces in components. So long as things were changing, I added some of my own code to export for Cruciform -- what makes trees lit uniformly all around.

I've done some preliminary testing and it looks good but i thought it best to upload it to the Beta Files section and ask other people to check as well.

As far as user interaction goes, not much has changed:

• No change to how users specify and assign LOD values (they'll work now).
  • No change to how users apply textures to faces inside of components (they'll stay where you put them now).
  • Minor change for Cruciform: to use this add /CRUCIFORM to the material name, in the same manner you would if you wanted /HISHINE or any of the other defined shaders.

Sketchup Versions: We used Sketchup 2016 to test. I'm pretty sure the revised scripts will work in the 2015 version as well. I have not tested them on any other version of Sketchup.

Installation:
  • Exit Sketchup.
  • The Sketchup 2016 folder for plug ins is located in down the <username>\AppData directory, normally found on the C: drive. On my PC the full path is: "C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Sketchup\Sketchup 2016\Sketchup\Plugins". Yours is is probably the same except you use your own Windows user name instead of mine. If you are installing into Sketchup 2015 the path is basically the same but uses 2015 and not 2016. Unzip the archive into \plugins
  • Start Sketchup normally.

Give it a try and please let me know if you find something that's not working properly. If it goes well I'll move the file out of Beta over to Computer Utilities and at that time ask people to upload it to other boards.

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

27 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
27 guests, 0 Anonymous Users