Railroad Bar
Spruce Steet
Arrow Colorado

Model by Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
Texture by Chris Gerlach
Sources from Denver Public Library Digital Collection
Data from DSLHS and John Emmot
Photo sources from the Corona Telegraph
Side Windows From a Texture by Steve Thompson with his kind permission.

TSM files included

There are 2 versions, one with windows on the side walls and one without, by switching the textures you can change it as you wish.

Small Bar located in Arrow, Colorado, the small short lived town that was for a while located at the end of the line of the Denver Northwestern & Pacific Railroad, as it was being extended over the Rollins Pass on the route that came to be known as the Moffat Road after its founder David Moffat. This bar was located at the north end of Spruce Street in Arrow, and was I believe patronized by the railroad workers of the Denver Northwestern & Pacific, but there are few records of the buildings in Arrow, it has such a short history.

This town was a busy place full of up to 200 railroad workers, construction gang men, shopkeepers, hotel keepers, Saloon owners, and ladies of the sporting houses. The town faded quickly away after around 1916 and by 1918 when it burned down, it was almost empty. There were seven bars and taverns in town, and some dance halls and sporting house. There were at one point 200 people receiving mail at this post office but it closed in 1918.

This model is released open source, you may alter, use and adjust it to your needs, i only ask that the use be of good quality and well founded on your sources. It is intended for use on the Moffat Road Restoration project, to be in both MSTS/Open Rails and Trainz format, but may be used for any town or location of the era 1880 to 1950 as countless buildings of this size and type were built in the over 6000 small towns of Colorado alone as well as across the American west.

I would appreciate receiving a picture and a copy of any changed format you may create.

Textures are based on actual photographs and are as close to the original as possible, the main sign is an actual exact one based on the original sign.

My thanks to many including Steve Thompson, Tim Muir, Barry Munro, Jeff Farquar, John Fleming and many others who have helped me learn to use TSM and to make assets for the MSTS rail sim and others.

My thanks to John Emmot and the Denver Salt Lake Historical Society for source information and history.

Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
Elvas Tower
March 2015
chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

24 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
23 guests, 0 Anonymous Users