Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
Arrow Hotel
Arrow, Colorado

Built 1902
Burned 1918

Model by Chris Gerlach
Texture by Chris Gerlach
Data from Denver Public Library Photos and Denver & Salt Lake Historical Society
Plan of town from The Corona Herald

This hotel was a feature of the small town of Arrow, originally called Arrowhead, located at the top of Rollins Pass on the Moffat Road, the Route built by the Denver Northwestern & Pacific Railroad between 1902 and 1928. The route was a steep and difficult one for the trains, but the tourists loved visiting the area in the summer, and flocked to this distant town in their hundreds in the summer season on the special trains run by the DNWP. This hotel was the main lodging establishment in the town, which had a number of saloons, taverns, hotels and sporting houses, homes and even a small jail and a town marshal. There were 200 people living in Arrow at its peak but sadly as the main center for the RR moved to Tabernash, and the special tourist trains were cancelled during World War I, Arrow dwindled to a few dozen inhabitants.

A mysterious fire some say started to collect the insurance money for the Elk Salon near by burned down the entire town, and only a few remnants exist today.

This model is low poly and intended for use on the restoration of the Moffat Road for both MSTS/OR and Trainz.

Shape and texture by Chris Gerlach

I owe many thanks to Larry Mullett for introducing me to this remarkable chapter of RR history, the Moffat Road and the chance to restore and re create features of that route and time. My thanks to many including, Tim Muir, Barry Munro, Wayne Campbell and many others at Elvas Tower and beyond. It is a pleasure to give back in a small way.

This models may be used and altered as you wish for any purpose but may not be used for commercial purposed without permission. Please contact me if you have any questions. I have included the TSM file if anyone wants to work with it in that editor. I can be converted to Trainz using 3D Canvas.

Chris Gerlach ( CrisGer)
Elvas Tower
February 2015

chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: East Metro RR RDC
In Category: Miscellaneous (Everything Else)
Screenshot

File Name: Turn of the last century Barber Shop
In Category: Buildings

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

29 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
29 guests, 0 Anonymous Users