Denver Northwestern & Pacific RR Gondola Set No. 2 FIXED
5 Gondolas of the 30000 Type
36' Wooden Truss Rod
Built by the Pullman Company

CORRECTED 3 WAG FILES FOR 30067, AND 30070

DNWP Gondolas No.'s 30067, 30070, 30077, 30090, 30099

Model by Tim Muir
Alterations by Wayne Campbell as permitted by Tim
Texture by Tim Muir and Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
Historic Data from John Emmot
Builders photo of Car No. 3099 John Emmot
Historic Photographs from the Smithsonian Institution
Historic photographs from Denver Public Library

This wooden truss rod Gondola was used on the DNWP for many years as one of the most widely used load

carrying freight cars on the line. They were used for the coal trade which was the main money maker

for the Route in its earliest days once the line reached the coal fields, and also for carrying

gravel and ballast for the line and for construction throughout the region. It was 36 ft long and had

a capacity of 8000 lbs. They had six truss rods and were reinforced with vertical struts, and carried

various fittings including grab irons at the ends. These were originally from a lot of 94 cars, Road

Numbers 30000 to 30099.

Model was by Tim Muir who very kindly allowed this conversion, Wayne Campbell did the conversion work

very generously and I created the textures using accurate and historic photos and reference info from

John Emmott of the DSLHS and the Denver Public Library.

There are two loads available with their own WAG files, one for coal and one for gravel.

You are not allowed to use this car for any commercial purpose without permission and arrangement,

and no further alteration may be made of the car without permission of Tim whose original read me is

included and Tim holds the rights and permissions on this car.

No liability is offered or given, and you use this model at your own risk.

I am deeply grateful to all of the help learning to create works for the Open Rails and MSTS train

sims, and especially to Barry Munro, Tim Muir, Wayne Campbell, John Fleming and the Grindre.

Without their help I would not have the modest skills to help in the creating of these elements of

our railroading history that allows us all to honor the men who created this vital parts of our

national history and infrastructure.

This is Tim's Rights and Restrictions Clause that Applies to this car in any and all uses and serves

as a copyright statement as established by US copyright Law and International Convention and must be

obeyed, your use of this model constitutes acceptance of this statement in total.

LEGAL:
As author of this design, I advise that it is copyrighted, but royalty free. You may use it and edit

it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or include it in a paid distribution without

permission from Tim Muir, who can be reached via personal message at Elvas Tower

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/. You must include my name in your credits, as well as my copyright

notices, and this entire Readme.txt, if you repaint it, use or derive files from it, or otherwise use

or distribute these files.

Because this program is royalty free, it is provided WHERE IS, AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, and WITHOUT

WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranties. There is

no liability by the authors in your use of this program, instead all liability is assumed by the

user.

Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
Elvas Tower

Chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com

May 2015

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

20 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
20 guests, 0 Anonymous Users