File Size
5.71MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
SS Montclair

Excursion Steamship

3.0 Change Log: Added railings and night textures.

The largest steamship on Lake GreenWood, New Jersey, the Montclair served for decades to ferry passengers from the New Jersey railroad lines to the many resort hotels and lodges that were built around this beautiful area in the last 1800s up to the Second World War. This steamship was capable of carryng up to 150 people, and was well known in the region for the service it provided to the GreenLake area.

Gradually over time, the automobile replaced the trains and the steamers that plyed the lakes and the Montclair finally was dismantled in the 1970s after lingering in drydock for many decades.

She served the summer visitors along with her smaller sisters, the Arlington, Milford and Anita.

Credits:

This model was created in TSM 1.1 and textures were created with Photshop 7.0

I have learned a great deal about modelling for Train Sim and Open Rails from the wonderful experts that have given much to this remarkable sim over the years including Tim Muir, Captain Bazza, John Fleming, Larry Mullett, Rick "The Grinder", Tony Lee, Reg Furniss (Refman, Ian MacMillian, Lukas A. Lusser, Jeff Farquar (Master Chief), and many others. I created this model entirely with my own humble efforts except for the lifeboat model which is incorporated thanks to the kind sharng of Ron Piccard. The textures were developed from actual historic photographs of the ship herself and the overall details are as close as the minimal records that remain allow us to make her. And once again Jeff Farquar assisted in the final poly edit and for that I am most grateful.

And my thanks to Hiball3985 and Noisemaker for testing the ship in the sim.

This ship was created for use on the Tri State Route being developed currently but this type of excursion steamship was found all across the European and American continents from the years between 1870 and 1950, and a few examples remain in historic or restoration collections for us to enjoy.

Screenshot of the ship created by Hiball3985 with my thanks.

***UPDATED 24.06.14***

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

17 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
17 guests, 0 Anonymous Users