File Size
30.45MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
I've uploaded another update to the Goose Island "Alpha". They are:

Goose_Island_Update_2014_03_13.7z

This is a .7z archive (packs up to 1/3 smaller than .zip) so you'll need something like PeaZip or 7-Zip to open them.

Installation.

This UPDATE is only a small portion of the whole route and adds / replaces files to what has previously been distributed so they must be installed on top of an existing Goose Island installation.

Unzip the archive to the Home Directory of the mini-route where Goose Island exists. By "Home Directory" I mean where Train.exe is normally located. The archive contains files prefixed with "\routes\Goose_Island" as well as "\Global" so it's important to understand where to unzip the contents.

A large number of textures were added to my working directory and I lost track of which ones were put to use so this update is mostly textures. If I have overlooked any (causing Open Rails warnings and/or MSTS failure to display messages), please advise.

What's New.

I've added a handful of additional building sites where there were open sight lines from the track. Most of these are at the north end of the route near C&E Junction.

I've also continued to work on the streets, setting down a portion of Kingsbury St.

Additional 3d details have been added on numerous buildings.

An additional Activity / Service / Path has been added to establish a turn out of the Division Street Yard going up the Deerfield line and returning. You can use this path for Explore Route or, if you wish, edit the "official consist" and cars from the loose consists to match .engs and .wags in your possession.

I finally changed the texture for the switchstand target... it's now red & white strips per the MILW custom.

Download File
  • You cannot upload a new file

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
Open Rails Sounds - EMD 645 (with roots blower) by ErickC  (submitted 03 March 2024 - 06:41 AM)

21 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
21 guests, 0 Anonymous Users