Last Updated
17 September 2013 - 10:55 PM
File Size
7.12MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
The Casey Jones was built by Clyde Jones in the machine shops of the Sunnyside Mine in Eurika, CO in 1915. It was made with a Maxwell motor, and was made from junk parts laying around the mine, some of which may have been from a former Stover railbus.

The original purpose of Casey was to serve as an ambulance to transport those in need to Silverton, which was eight miles away, although the mine foreman was known to use it make his lodge meetings and attend other social occasions. In 1918 it was rebuilt with the installation of a Cadillac engine, transmission, and differential. In 1929 it was rebuilt again to it’s present configuration.

The Casey Jones in now owned by the San Juan Historical Society and is on display in Silveton, CO.

This model was made from plans by Ken Pruitt, supplemented by many measurements made by myself, by pictures from the Casey Jones Quick Pic Book, and by many pictures taken by myself. I visited Casey three times while making the model. Historical data for this writing if from “The Rainbow Route” by Sloan and Skowronski.

Howard Saunders performed the initial testing and performed all texture and file tweaking, Herb Kelsey performed inspections and beta testing, made the day cab views, and supplied the screenie, Derek Miller performed inspections and beta testing, Tom Werb supplied the driver, and Rick “thegrindre” supplied the sound files and the night cab views. My sincere thanks to all of them.

To install, unzip the attached file to your desktop, or the temporary location of your choice. This will produce a folder named “TRAINS.” Open your Train Simulator folder where your TRAINS folder is located and drag the new “TRAINS” folder into the Train Simulator folder.

Enjoy, Bill

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

18 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
18 guests, 0 Anonymous Users