09 August 2013 - 11:14 AM
File Size
1.67MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
1935 Lincoln Zephyr for MSTS

The problem with modeling the "transition period" in train simulators is that there are very few examples of contemporary vehicles. I decided to make some using a relatively simple shape (about 1000 polygons) to keep the frame count down. These models use high resolution 1024 x 1024 textures based on the work of two extraordinary artists. Dan Palanik and Niko Moritz. Both graciously granted me permission to use the graphics from their beautiful creations. Check out the originals at www.palat.br and www.eevamoritz.com/3d_models.html

The very first automobile of this series is this 1935 Lincoln Zephyr. It doesn't do justice to the Palatnik original because I had to adapt the textures to work with a low poly model. Hopefully it is passable enough to work as a scenery object.

The model itself (S and SD files) are freeware. The textures, however, are under copyrights of the original artists and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: Independence Mine Coal House
In Category: Buildings
Screenshot

File Name: OR 1966 ATSF Signal System
In Category: Signals & Signs

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

25 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
25 guests, 0 Anonymous Users