Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
S.S.MORNING STAR
Steam Barge
Built 1884

Authorized Re-textured version of RHODA EMILY
Original Model by John L. Fleming
Repaint by C.S. Gerlach (CrisGer)

This is a re-texture of the wonderful original ship model created by John L Fleming, with his permission. This ship and many like her sailed the inland lakes and rivers of the North American continent, in both the US and Canada in the heyday of steam navigation. She carried a wide variety of cargoes, here she is depicted as a general carrier, but these handy small steamers carried just about any and every cargo imaginable. Built of wood, they did not last far into the 20th century, but they were an important element in the successful development of trade and industry on both sides of the northern border.

This is an additional version of this lovely ship, the S.S.MORNING STAR, with a different paint scheme. This is made with John's permission and help, he assisted me in getting the texture sheets right and reviewed this variation of his lovely original model and approved my releasing it to our community. She will add some variety to the scenery. I created this version of the ship to add to a steam era version of the L&PS route by Wayne Campbell but she will work for any route from the era between 1890 and 1950. This ship has a cargo covered with tarpaulin.

John's original notes describe her and the original model thus:

"The Rhoda Emily was a wooden steam barge built in 1884. She was used in the lumber and coal trade and often towed a schooner barge on the Great Lakes. I originally intended to build the Rhoda Emily to fill the void in the harbor at Port Stanley. As luck would have it, Rich Evarts got interested and contributed much to the model making it a worthy addition to the port."

CrisGer
Oct 2012

Download File
  • You cannot upload a new file

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
Open Rails Sounds - EMD 645 (with roots blower) by ErickC  (submitted 03 March 2024 - 06:41 AM)

19 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
19 guests, 0 Anonymous Users