10.96MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
MSTS PACIFIC ELECTRIC RAILWAY INTERURBAN SUPPLY CAR #007
6.2 METER AND 7.2 METER VERSIONS
3D MESH CREATED BY TIM W. MUIR
ARTWORK CREATED BY TIM W. MUIR, USING SOME ELEMENTS FROM CGTEXTURES.COM AND OTHER SOURCES
COUPLER TEXTURES DERIVED FROM PHOTOS BY STEVE THOMPSON

You must have the Bin Patch Installed to Operate This Motor.

This is a model of Pacific Electric's supply car number 007, ex-1438 in the 1430-1444 class of all-wood box motors built by "old" PE in 1905.
1438 was converted to a supply car in 1928 and ran in this capacity until 1939 when it was converted back into an express car under it's old
number. In 1945 it was renumbered again as (2nd) 005 and used as a wrecker until scrapped by Southern Pacific in 1954.

Sometime during it's tenure as a supply car, a rotating air hoist was mounted just inside each right-hand baggage door, which was widened one
foot to accommodate the crane's swing outward to pick up heavy objects track side. The hoists were modeled with the best estimation as to their
construction. A very rudimentary model of an air chain hoist was made, again using best somewhat educated guesses and suggestions from members at
Elvas Tower, with my deep appreciation.

Data:

Built in 1905 by "Old" PE Ry Co.(Pre-1911 merger)

Weights:

Total - 75,900 lbs.

Trucks:

Type - PE Class B Rigid Bolster
Size Journals - 5"x 9"
Wheels - 33" -750 lbs. F.C.S. Cast iron

Electrical Equipment:

Motors - 4 - Westinghouse 76 - 75 H.P.
Gear ratio: - 21:61
Control - Westinghouse K-14 (Had West. L-4 as 1438 and again as 2nd 005)

Brakes - Air and Hand:

Air Brakes- West. Straight and Auto. Air.
Compressor - One West.Type D-4-K 50 Cu.Ft.
Braking Power - 104%

Model Data:
Parts: 100
Polygons: 30,001

Installation and operation:
Unzip to a temporary location and move contents to your /Trains/Trainset folder. Build a consist with your favorite consist editor.The freight
doors operate using the Ctrl+NumPad7 keys for the left-side doors and Ctrl+NumPad9 keys for those on the right, looking forward. Trolley Poles
animate as closely to actual PE pneumatic operation as was possible. Only the forward crane rotates, using Ctrl+NumPd8. Be sure to open the doors
first!

Credits and Thanks:

Thomas Pilder for Polymaster v2. I cannot thank you enough for this utility that has widened the scope of model making for myself and many others.
Scott M. Miller for AceIt and TGATool. Utilities that I can not live without.
Paul Gausden for Shape Viewer. Indispensible!!!
Tom Werb. Supplying the TSM resource files of his excellent engine crew figures to allow me to "people" my models.
Jim Bebenroth. Enthusiastic PE equipment user and tester, whose suggestions were graciousy accepted and used throughout, (and not thrown out
-LOL) and has also helped me keep a sense of humor through dark times. Also he tweaked the lighting.

Tim Muir
May 17th, 2012
Railroad Earth

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

40 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
40 guests, 0 Anonymous Users