Last Updated
27 February 2011 - 03:17 PM
File Size
3.52MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
MSTS SPOKANE PORTLAND & SEATTLE RY. N-4 CLASS 2-8-0 CONSOLIDATION #303.
Supplemental files for engine #303 to be dropped into NP_F-1_2-8-0_70 Folder.
3D Models and textures ©2010-2011 by Tim Muir
EXTREMELY HIGH POLYGON COUNTS IN EACH SHAPE.

***YOU MUST HAVE "NP_F-1_2-8-0_70" ALREADY INSTALLED IN ORDER FOR THIS ENGINE TO BE COMPLETE AND OPERATE***

See original engines' documentation for historical and technical background.

Models created in Abacus Train Sim Modeler using the NP 53 as a start. These are high in polygon counts: The No.303 engine has 28,292. The parts file, 4,774. Tender, 10,419.

Unzip to a temporary folder. Move contents to ...\Trains\Trainset folder\NP_F-1_2-8-0_70, assuming you kept the original folder names. Build a Consist in a Consist Editor. Let it overwrite the nptruck.ace!

LEGAL:
As author of this new design, I advise that it is copyrighted, but royalty free. You may use it and edit it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or include it in a paid distribution without permission from Tim Muir, who can be reached via personal message at Elvas Tower http://www.elvastower.com/forums/. You must include my name in your credits, as well as my copyright notices, and this entire Readme.txt, if you repaint it, use or derive files from it, or otherwise use or distribute these files.
Because this program is royalty free, it is provided WHERE IS, AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranties. There is no liability by the authors in your use of this program, instead all liability is assumed by the user.

This model is dedicated to the memory and spirit of my late oldest brother, Paul Rey Muir (1949-2010), who would have loved this engine had he been here to run it. This one's for you, Paul!

Credits and thank yous:

Steve Thompson for supplying the drawings, photos and data.

Allen Norton for allowing me the use of his 3D driving wheel TSM files, and building excellent steam locos in TSM as a catalyst to get me to try my hand at one.

Jon Davis, Barry (Captain Bazza) Munroe, and Bill Pratt for further incentives towards building steam through much study of their models.

Chris Van Wagoner for his help with the locomotive physics, which made these locos come to life as true mountain hogs.

Jim Bebenroth for testing and positive input.

Herb Kelsey for engine file work, sounds and testing.

There's probably someone else I'm forgetting, please forgive me for it.

Thank you.

Tim Muir
February 27, 2011
Railroad Earth Models

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

15 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
15 guests, 0 Anonymous Users